Intermediate Tax Accountant
Location: Sydney, NSW
Salary: $67,000 - $58,000
Category: Business Services - Intermediate
- Balanced role of Business Services and Taxation
- Suitable for someone who has had interest in moving into a tax focused position
Company and Partners:
- Working within the Tax team of five you will also work across other teams of the larger 50+ staff company when required
- The Partner that you will work closely with has a strong background in the Big 4 and large mid-tiers in Sydney as well as time in the commercial space.
Training and Development:
- With hands on training you will be trained and developed in the taxation space in order to become confident across taxation planning, mergers and acquisitions, international tax, transaction matters, structuring and corporate reorganisations.
- You will become technical strong in capital gains tax, withholding tax and tax losses.
- Training budgets are at the high end of industry standard with staff attending a variety of external sessions and provided with various resources. In addition they develop your soft skills such as communication and leadership ability through external agencies.
- The clients you will have the opportunity to work with include listed corporates, start-up companies and large family owned groups with turnovers between 10 and 25 million. In additional listed companies with turnovers in excess of $100M. Exposure across a wide variety of industries such as start-up techs, transport, manufacturing, financial services, property and education.
Benefits / Incentives:
- Plenty of benefits that come with a larger firm environment such as social club that puts on events such as formal dinners, cruises and sporting competitions. Flexibility to work from home when needed with easy remote access.
- Leaders encourage all staff to be out of the office at 5.15pm, latest 5.30pm – they don’t want anyone burning themselves out by doing excess hours.
- This is mirrored by their realistic targets which doesn’t put as much pressure on you.
- Financially you can choose to salary sacrifice part of your salary, there are staff bonuses for client and internal staff referrals and bi-annual salary reviews.
- This is a growth position for the team suitable for you if you have a minimum of 18 months of experience in an Australian Accounting firm and an interest in taxation. You will be someone who enjoys researching tax issues, thinks outside the box and enjoys problem solving.
For more positions contact Amy Lee