Senior Chartered Accountants
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: $98,000 - $75,000
Category: Business Services - Senior
Option 1 –
- Opportunity to move from straight Business Services to more Corporate Taxation focus…
- Work directly with the Partner who has over 30 years of expertise
- More complicated issues within the overall firm are passed onto this particular team
- Get involved in a range of tax issues from GST, due diligence to international ventures
- Help businesses expanding into the overseas market as well as overseas business looking to build up in Australia.
- Have an interest in continuing your education they have programs in place to support the study of Master of Taxation and various other programs
Option 2 –
- 60% of the role is advisory which includes things like modelling; business improvement and restructuring; and asset protection and succession planning
- Advisory component of the role is set to grow as compliance is gradually sent offshore
- Broad range of sectors such as property, transport, medical and construction
- Mix of SME’s and larger corporates with turnovers typically under $50M
- A Partner will assist your progression plan and seek to get you to Supervisor within a short-timeframe.
- Training initiatives include regular external and on the job sessions.
Option 3 –
- Now you want more than the standard Senior role and seek a stimulating position to further build your career
- You will be guaranteed a greater area of exposure both technically and client wise
- 30% of your time will focus on ASX listed clients
- More inspiring projects getting you into the juicy consulting work and challenging compliance
- R&D tax, cash flow forecasting, budgeting, dividend planning and transfer pricing are a few of the duties you will complete
- Your management style will be developed through constructive training
- The Partners believe that having the right mentorship with get you to Manager within 18 months, very achievable in this well balanced top tier firm
Option 4 –
- Be part of an organisation who are proud of their national footprint
- Offers quality resources, professional development and expertise
- Work in a flexible pooling system, exposure to different Managers will give you a greater range of accounting methods and clients to ad to your expertise
- Show your leadership and confidence mentoring 2-4 junior accountants.
- Be exposed to a number of new areas in the practice environment that you may have not previously experienced - M&As, due diligence, FBT
- Broad exposure to a wider range of clients and more in depth tax matters including taxation structuring, reverse takeovers, international tax matters with a focus on listed companies
Option 5 –
- Ideal opportunity for someone within a top-heavy environment as there is a clear progression structure.
- Generalist practice means you will gain access to all of the clients relevant tax issues.
- Providing a breadth of experience that will enhance your skill set as you move towards Senior Management and future Partnership.
- Mixed client base of large businesses, private companies & ASX listed entities.
- Involved in business development & marketing.
- Management of junior staff, responsible for their performance reviews.
- Lower productivity expectations than competitors of a similar size.
For more positions contact Mariam Awad