If you’re an accountant then breathe a sigh of relief because unlike most of the workforce, you are in the enviable position of having a future-proof career.
A global, specialist recruiting firm’s latest Quarterly Report has found professional practice accountants are amongst those whose line of work is safe from being made-redundant by digitisation, automation and other technological innovation.
According to the findings, accountants (amongst others) will find jobs easier to come by in the future because demand for their skill-set will be very-high and professionals are forecast to be in short supply.
The Key To Ongoing Success
According to Nick Deligiannis, the recruitment company’s managing director, while accountants have it better than other professions in future job vacancy stakes, they won’t be able to rest on their laurels if they expect to succeed.
“Provided they keep their skills up-to-date, remain connected to their industry through social media, networking and their recruiter and are digitally literate, professionals in these areas will experience ongoing career success,” predicts Mr Deligiannis.
Other Jobs Also In Demand Into The Immediate Future
These professionals are in high-demand at the moment and should continue to enjoy higher levels of employment into the near future:
- Extreme shortage of candidates.
- Not many view this vocation as long term.
- In Demand: Payroll officers with exact system requirements such as Chris21 and Meridian, as well as experience dealing with payrolls of 500.
- In high-demand: Audit seniors.
There is an emerging shortage of seasoned accountants (especially supervisors, senior and intermediary) within business services caused by an upswing in demand for advisory services.
- These roles are suffering from a candidate shortage:
- Claims assessors in general & life insurance
- Brokering account executives and assistant account executives
- Life & general insurance administrators
- Superannuation processing officers
- Legal firms are also experiencing a lack of candidates for roles including:
- Senior associates & associates in commercial law, corporate & finance and commercial litigation.
- Corporate merger lawyers
- Acquisition lawyers
- Corporate law professionals
- Banking & finance professionals
Keep an eye on Accountant Jobs for the latest accounting related jobs, or follow us to stay up to date with our latest accounting blogs. Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on LinkedIn
You might also be interested in: