The latest, 17th annual Salary Survey released by a specialised, global recruitment consultancy firm has pin-pointed 5 specialist positions which it believes ought to outperform most others over the course of 2016.
5 Types of Specialists Expected to be Snapped-Up by Businesses This Year Are…
1. Compliance and risk finance experts. These professionals should see more work on offer as companies look to keep pace with the increasing globalisation of collaboration and compliance between regulators.
2. Lawyers. Those with at least 5 years post-qualification experience under their belt should see more job opportunities arise.
3. Construction engineers. Infrastructure investment is sky-rocketing in Australia which in turn is driving demand for skilled, qualified professionals in this sector.
4. Marketing & sales experts. Professionals in this domain who can sell complicated solutions and possess experience in using data analytics to garner digital and consumer insights should see job prospects rise.
5. IT security. Demand for IT experts, especially those well-versed in e-commerce, FinTech, big data, cyber-security and analytics will grow immensely within Australia, as well as abroad. The annual Salary Survey projects some global markets could offer salary jumps as high as 25% to specialists.
“This [global trend] is also reflected in Australian results, with some IT roles expecting upwards of $30,000 increases on their current salaries,” informed Mr Nicholson.
Other Key Findings from the Salary Survey
Australian states displaying positive growth over most of the market sectors surveyed are:
According to Mr Nicholson, “[the] increasing regulatory requirements for financial institutions & IT security [along with] investment in large infrastructure projects & catching up on the recruitment decline following the 2008 [global] financial crisis are factors driving some of this demand”.
What is going on in Australia’s Job Market?
“While salaries overall will remain steady, there are good opportunities in the market. Some professional roles [are] in high demand, especially as the Australian economy [continues] moving away from its reliance on the resources sector,” remarked James Nicholson, managing director of the global recruitment firm responsible for coming up with the Salary Survey projections.
Job Seeker Tips for Professionals
Mr Nicholson has 3 tips for professional job hunters:
Look beyond your technical capabilities and widen your career options.
Adjust your remuneration expectations.
Take into account what employers may be looking for. For example, they may be on the look-out for a specialist who has the ability to engage and communicate fluidly with stakeholders and/or they may be taking into account how much experience you have under your belt working in the Australian market (amongst other considerations).
Keep an eye on Accountant Jobs for the latest accounting related jobs, or follow us to stay up to date with our latest accounting blogs. Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on LinkedIn
You might also be interested in: