Accounting awards season is coming up quick so it’s time to look up from the books (or away from the screen), close down that excel spreadsheet and start thinking about saving the date.
Why not submit an application, or nominate a stellar individual you may know who you feel would very much deserve recognition for their efforts? Just head on over to the Australian Accounting Awards website and apply, or nominate through the “Lodge Submission” page. You can’t miss it.
It is best you get on it right away as submissions close September 18th.
If you would like to attend the ceremony then you need to book the tickets as soon as possible. Being the only accounting industry awards event of its kind in Australia means tickets will sell out very fast.
The Australian Accounting Awards event will take place in Sydney on 30th October, at The Westin Sydney, No. 1 Martin Place.
“I would encourage individuals and firms to put themselves forward… It provides them a rare opportunity to be recognised in a national accounting awards program, whether they be a newly qualified accountant, experienced bookkeeper or fast growing firm. There is an award category for them”, advises Sam Allert, Reckon’s Australia & NZ Managing Director.
What are the Australian Accounting Awards?
This awards ceremony is the only industry awards event of its kind which showcases the talents and achievements of Australian accountants and bookkeepers.
The awards proved so hugely popular that the award categories have been expanded to 25 this year, in stark comparison to the 13 categories judged in 2014.
“The response to the Australian Accounting Awards was staggering last year. We were inundated with submissions and it was clear that there is great scope to expand the awards this year. This is a big industry, there are so many outstanding professionals and firms across the spectrum. It’s important that we host awards that recognise as many of the top performers as possible”, said Accountants Daily Publisher, Alex Whitlock.
2015 Accounting Award Categories
- Firm of the Year – below $1 billion revenue generated
- Firm of the Year – above $1 billion revenue generated
- Boutique Firm of the Year – less than $10 million revenue generated
- New Firm of the Year
- Fastest Growing Firm of this Year
- Diversified Firm of this Year
- Community Engagement Program of the Year
- Bookkeeping Practice of the Year
- Best Marketing
- Professional Development Program of the Year
- Graduate Program of the Year
- Innovator of the Year
- Thought Leader of the Year
- Executive of the Year
- Partner of the Year - below $1 billion
- Partner of the Year - above $1 billion
- Partner of the Year - Boutique
- New Partner of the Year
- Bookkeeper of the Year
- Rising Star of the Year
- Young Accountant of the Year - under 30
- Accounting Student of the Year
- Office Administrator of the Year
- Editor’s Choice Award
- AccountantsDaily Excellence Award – best of individual winners
Keep an eye on Accountant Jobs for the latest accounting related jobs, or follow us to stay up to date with our latest accounting blogs. Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on LinkedIn
You might also be interested in: