Client base and duties:
- Equal client base for all accountants in the office
- No shoe box type work - be involved in technical accounting for SME and HNWI clients with turnovers up ot $100M
- Partners are happy to give you a challenge and provide you with more complex jobs as you become confident
- Work directly with the partners and managers to improve your technical skills on a variety of jobs within your portfolio
Direction / Pathway:
- It is up to you whether you want to stick with a straight Business Services and Tax Compliance role or get some exposure and skill with superannuation funds.
Hands on / Client facing role:
- From the beginning you will be face to face with your clients building relationships.
- Your self-esteem and confidence will come into play as you speak with different clients each day.
- This direct client contact will allow you to learn quicker and become exposed to more situations earlier on rather than it being funnelled through a Partner or Manager.
Training and Development:
- Training and development is a number 1 value for this firm. They invest heavily in all their staff, they have a training committee that keeps track of the training you complete and researches new training programs and conferences available for you to attend.
- Training doesn’t just cover your technical skills but the soft skills that will assist you with client development, leadership to public speaking courses. External training consultants are also often brought within the firm to assist with internal training.
- No long hours – finish work at 5pm, or choose to start earlier and finish earlier than 5 is also an option. Flexibility if you have family or personal commitments you would like to attend to
To be considered for this position you will have a minimum of 18 months experience within an Australian Accounting firm and be currently progressing through the CA program.